Journal Questions – Emotional Abuse
- Did your parents frequently rant and rave about what a horrible, stupid or ugly child you were?
- Did they involve you in some illegal activity?
- Did your parents prevent you from having friends?
- Did they refuse to take you to the doctor when you were sick (absent religious constraints)?
- Would they frequently ignore you by refusing to speak or listen to you?
- Were you left alone for extended periods of time before the age of ten?
- Did your parents make you stay home from school to take care of brother(s) or sister(s)?
- Would they threaten to leave you or kill you if you did not do what they said?
- Did they often make disparaging comments about men or women and predict that you would grow up to be just as bad?
- Would your parents sabotage your efforts to succeed at school, sports, work or relationships with friends?
Survivor to Thriver, Page 40
© 2007 THE MORRIS CENTER, Revised 11/06