Journal Questions – Social Alienation
- Do you often feel uncomfortable in groups of people?
- Do you feel tongue-tied, nervous or self-conscious?
- Do you try to avoid social situations?
- Do you feel that others may not accept you?
- Do you feel different than, in the sense of "worse than," other people?
- Do you often feel misunderstood, blamed or ignored by other people?
- Do you either avoid conflict or attract it seemingly endlessly?
- Do you assume a typical role that is not really you in social situations?
- Do you lack trust in your judgment of social expectations?
- Do you feel that your experience of life is somehow not right or not as good as others?
Survivor to Thriver, Page 56
© 2007 THE MORRIS CENTER, Revised 11/06