Journal Questions – Handling Feelings
- Do you have strong feelings of anxiety, fear, depression and anger that threaten to overwhelm you?
- Do you need to withdraw periodically from the world in order to regain control of yourself?
- Do you have difficulty recognizing and expressing your feelings?
- Do you tend to have an "all or nothing" experience of feelings?
- Do powerful feelings trigger the desire to eat, drink, take drugs or engage in other compulsive activities?
- Do strong feelings leave you feeling disconnected, numb or afraid that you are going crazy?
- Have you learned to disconnect yourself from your feelings by refusing to pay attention to them?
- Have you ever lost control of your anger and abused someone else?
- Do you often feel confused by what you feel?
- Are you inclined to feel a certain feeling more often than others, particularly anger or depression?
Survivor to Thriver, Page 58
© 2007 THE MORRIS CENTER, Revised 11/06